PFO+RO systems are now available for pilot-scale evaluation and small-scale commercial applications. We are now working with a variety of industrial partners who have purchased these systems.
Porifera’s first FO+RO system was pilot tested for the US military for rapidly deployable mobile desalination systems that could handle any feedwater source. Click here for more details about this system.
- Reduces CAPEX, OPEX, and life-cycle costs for many industrial and municipal applications.
- Reduces maintenance, cleaning, and downtime. PFO is the ideal pretreatment for RO.
- Creates high purity water in two treatment steps from any source. Draw can be tailored to achieve specific product water quality targets.
- Dual-membrane barrier rejection of salts, bacteria, virus, and emerging contaminants.
- Easy to operate and maintain.
- Can handle large fluctuations in feed stream quality.
- Provides consistent water quality and level of treatment.
- Reduces chemicals and waste. No backwashing, washwater handling or sludge generation.
FO+RO is a complete solution for many industrial and municipal applications including the following:
- Wastewater reuse
- Indirect potable reuse
- Graywater and carwash water recycling
- Waste stream recycling for cooling tower and boiler feed water
- Remote desalination: operating FO+RO in PRO mode allows extremely low energy desalination in remote locations with low OPEX, maintenance, and consumable requirements.
Click here for more information.